Odygitriya Church (the XVIIth century), Smolensk Region

Odygitriya Church (the XVIIth century), Smolensk Region

Odygitriya Church (the XVIIth century), Smolensk Region

Series: Architectural Monuments of Russia

Catalogue Number: 5111-0186

Sell price:not available Buy price: Call us!
Date of issue: 01.07.2009
Denomination: 3 rubles
Currency: ruble
Metal, finenes: silver, 925/1000
Total weight, G: 31.10
Diameter, mm: 39,00 (±0,30)
Thickness, mm: 3,30 (±0,35)
Mintage, pcs: 3000
Proof: Proof
Description

The obverse: in the centre - the emblem of the Bank of Russia [the two-headed eagle with wings down, under it - the semicircular inscription "БАНК РОССИИ" (BANK OF RUSSIA)] framed by a circle of dots and inscriptions along the rim - on top: "ТРИ РУБЛЯ" (THREE RUBLES), below: to the left - indications of the precious metal and its fineness, in the centre - the year of issue "2009 г." (2009), to the right - the fine metal content and the mint trade mark.

The reverse: In the centre - the image of architectural complex of Odygitriya Church, lower - the date: "XVII в." (the XVIIth century) and inscription in two lines: "СМОЛЕНСКАЯ ОБЛАСТЬ" (SMOLENSK REGION), above along the rim - inscription: "ОДИГИТРИЕВСКАЯ ЦЕРКОВЬ" (ODYGITRIYA CHURCH).

The artist and sculptor: F.S. Andronov.
Mint: Saint Petersburg Mint (СПМД).
The edge: 300 corrugations.

The Odygitriya Church, built in the XVIIth century on the territory of the John the Baptist Monastery in the Town of Vyazma, is one of only two existing in Russian three-tiered temples of the hip-architecture style. Due to many restorations it survived till our days in the original appearance and was inserted into the Federal List of the Cultural Heritage.

Ваша оценка Одигитриевская церковь (XVII в.), Смоленская область
98100