The Holy Trinity Saint Sergius Lavra (the XIVth century) Moscow region, the town of Sergiev Posad

The Holy Trinity Saint Sergius Lavra (the XIVth century) Moscow region, the town of Sergiev Posad

The Holy Trinity Saint Sergius Lavra (the XIVth century) Moscow region, the town of Sergiev Posad

Series: Architectural Monuments of Russia

Catalogue Number: 5115-0033

Sell price:not available Buy price: Call us!
Date of issue: 16.02.2004
Denomination: 25 rubles
Currency: ruble
Metal, finenes: silver, 900/1000
Total weight, G: 155.50
Diameter, mm: 60,00 (0,50)
Thickness, mm: 6,80 (0,50)
Mintage, pcs: 3000
Proof: Proof
Description

The obverse: in the centre the Emblem of the Bank of Russia [the two-headed eagle with wings down, lower the semicircular inscription Ȼ (BANK OF RUSSIA)] framed by a circle of dots and inscriptions along the rim: at the top ɻ (TWENTY FIVE RUBLES), at the bottom the year of issue 2004, the letters to the left indicate the metal sign and the fineness, to the right the fine metal content and the mint trade mark.

The reverse: the view of architectural monuments of the Holy Trinity-Saint Sergius Lavra surrounded by fortress wall with towers, the inscription at the bottom: . XIV . (FOUNDED in the XIVth century), the inscriptions along the rim: at the top - (THE HOLYTRINITY SAINT SERGIUS LAVRA), at the bottom Ļ (SERGIEV POSAD).

The artist: A.V. Baklanov.
The sculptors: A.S. Khazov.
Moscow Mint (M).
The edge: 252 corrugations

The Holy Trinity-Saint Sergius Lavra founded in the 40th ofthe XIVth century by St. Sergius of Radonezh is one of the mostsignificant monuments of the ancient Russian architecture. The architectural ensemble of the monastery that grew up for the space of the XVth-XIXth centuries includes the Cathedrals of Trinity (1422-1423) and Assumption (1559-1585), the Belfry (1740-1770), the Refectory (1686-1692) and the Metropolitan Chambers (the XVIth-XVIIIth centuries), the Godunovs Shrine, the Sacristy, Halls (the end of the XVIIth century).

- (XIV .), ., .
97100